Thank you for a great summer!
Sand Hill Summer students practiced safe and masked physical distancing while returning to a school routine and program. Our flexible and creative staff made a personalized and memorable experience for all!
Interested in Sand Hill School for the academic year?
We are excited to announce the Summer 2020 Program at Sand Hill School!
Monday, July 6 – Friday, July 24, 2020
Morning program: 8:45 am – 12:30 pm
At the Sand Hill Summer Program, your child will:
- Re-connect with peers, and welcome new students into our inclusive community
- Experience the ‘new normal’ of how school will work in the fall, including social distancing at school and at play
- Work out some of the emotions and feelings that may have developed during shelter in place
- Have fun being physically active while practicing physical and social distancing
What will the day look like?
The day begins at 8:45 am with our partners Growfit providing an hour of supervised recreation. After, students in small groups will rotate through three class-type activity periods, including:
- Social emotional learning lessons facilitated by Kendra Fraka, LCSW, Sand Hill’s counselor
- SPOT (Speech and Occupational Therapy) group run by Shirit Megiddo, MS, CCC-SLP, BCS-CL and Jennifer Salomon, OTD, OTR/L, CHC Clinicians
- PE skills building class led by Athena Herrera from Growfit, Sand Hill’s PE partners
Summer Program Schedule
July 6 – July 24
8:45 am – Drop off for morning program begins
9:00 am – Outdoor games (recreational) with Growfit
9:45 am – 10:30 am – Activity #1
10:35 am – 11:20 am – Activity #2
11:25 am – 12:10 pm – Activity #3
12:10 pm – 12:30 pm – Lunch in courtyard (bring lunch and a drink)
12:30 pm – Pick up
Note: a two-week option is available.
Summer Program Staff
Kendra Fraka, LCSW – Summer Program Administrator and SEL instructor
Shirit Megiddo, MS, CCC-SLP, BCS-CL – Clinical Speech and Language Therapist
Jennifer Salomon, OTD, OTR/L – Clinical Services Occupational Therapist
Athena Herrera – Physical Education Teacher, Growfit
Plus additional staff